Do you work in the Construction Industry? you might be due for a Tax Refund!!

Are you are a self employed  Sub – contractor working in the construction industry in the UK, you might be entitled to a tax refund! 

A sub-contractor is a self-employed person registered under the HMRC Construction Industry Scheme (CIS), to work for a contractor or other sub-contractors in most trades within the Construction Scheme.

Some ofTax Refund the trades include:
General construction such as bricklaying, plastering, Plumbing etc
Repairs and refurbishments

If you are involved in any of the above, then the CIS scheme applies to you.

If you are not registered under CIS and don’t have a UTR number you will be taxed at a higher rate.

What may be claimed for?

Tax relief may be claimed for the following:

  • Cleaning costs of specialised or protective clothing;
  • Buying or replacing of specialised or protective clothing;
  • Travel costs, if you use your own vehicle and pay for your own fuel to get to sites;
  • Tools and equipment needed for your work and not paid for by your employer.

How do I claim?

Tax Refund CIS Scheme

Don’t be one of the thousands who miss out on substantial tax refunds by not claiming their construction tax rebate. Speak to a qualified Tax Refund  consultants on 0208 679 4690 or visit or website  for more information. 

Categories: Construction Industry Scheme, Self Employed, Taxes

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: