Starting out business in the building Trade – What are the main categories out there!

If todayBuilder you were thinking of starting a business in the building trade,  then broadly speaking there are two main types that the building trade falls into and these are:

  1. new building work (for example house building).
  2. repair, maintenance and improvement (RMI) work (for example re-rendering, window replacement and loft conversions)

Now you might work on both new and existing buildings. Depending on the range of skills that you have, the resources available to your business and the type of work you decide to focus on, some of the types of work that you might carry out include:

  • brick, stone and block work
  • residential extensions, conservatories, porches, garages and so on
  • loft conversions and dormers
  • timber frame construction
  • plastering, screening and rendering
  • patio laying, paving and concreting
  • underpinning and subsidence remedial work
  • general renovation work
  • window installation
  • damp-proofing

Limited Company Registration and all the initial Setup. 


You need a proactive adviser who will help you choose the best legal structure to trade tax efficiently.

Also the adviser will help you with opening a business Bank Account, Payroll, Staff & Sub Contractor Contracts, Bookkeeping, VAT and End of year Accounts.

Choosing the right adviser from the start helps you to start your business with a renewed confidence and will save you save alot of tax! and hopefully grow and expand your business.

 If you need to speak to a Proactive Accountant about your new venture, please contact us on 0208 679 4690 please Visit our  website. 

Categories: Construction Industry Scheme, Electrician, Plasterer, Tiler

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: